Task Information Panel
- To open the Task Information Panel just click on the words "Show Task Info" at the bottom of your tasks page. The panel can be toggled on and off this way below your project. In this area, you can see and edit individual task information.
On the General tab, you can change any of the core data relating to each task. This includes the:
- Name: This is the name of the task itself. You can make the name whatever you wish.
- Percent Complete: This is the actual current percentage of the task that has been completed, to date.
- Priority: This is the priority assigned to the task. Tasks can have a priority of Critical, Very High, High, Medium, Low or Very Low to show others in the team how important it is that this task be completed.
- Locked: This checkbox allows you to lock and unlock the task. When the task is locked, the Planned Start Date and Planned Finish Dates are fixed and cannot be moved. You can unlock a locked task at any time.
- Milestone: This is a checkbox that shows whether the task is marked as a Milestone task or not. A milestone task is one that is deemed to be an accomplishment for the project, in achieving.
- Planned Start Date: This is the date that the task is planned to start on.
- Planned Finish Date: This is the date that the task is planned to finish on.
- Planned Duration: This is the planned duration of the task, calculated as the elapsed time difference (in days) between the Planned Start Date and Planned Finish Date for the task.
- Planned Effort: This is the amount of effort that that is planned to be spent (in hours) completing the task.
- Actual Start Date: This is the date that work on the task actually commenced.
- Actual Finish Date: This is the date that work on the task ceased, when the task was marked as 100% complete.
- Actual Duration: This is the actual duration of the task, calculated as the elapsed time difference (in days) between the Actual Start Date and Actual Finish Date for the task.
- Actual Effort: This is the amount of effort that was actually spent completing the task, in hours.
On the Links tab, you can update a task's links:
- Choose whether to display the "To" or "From" links using the To/From drop-down
- Add a Link to a task by selecting "Add Link". You can then select which task to link it to, and what type of link it will be. By default, the link will be "Finish to Start".
- For each Link, you can change its type using the drop-down menu, which displays the current type selected.
- See how much lag time there is associated with the link.
- Select the trash can icon to delete the link.
Manage a tasks assigned team members and resources in the People tab:
- You can assign a user to a task by selecting the checkbox next to their name in the table
- Update their assigned hours for the task in the Assigned hours column
- The Allocation column shows what percentage of time they are allocated to the task based upon their assigned hours
- If a user has a resource cost assigned, or if the Project has a default cost configured in the Project Settings, the Planned Cost column will calculate what the resource cost is for the task.
- You can use the "Add Person" button to invite new users into your ProjectManager.com account and assign them to the task.
Manage inter-Project dependencies on the Dependencies tab:
- Add an inter-Project dependency by selecting the "Add Dependency" button. Select the project the dependency is in, and then select the task. You can filter the displayed tasks by assignee using the drop-down. You can also use the search fields to search by Project or Task name. Select whether the dependency is to or from the selected task. Select Add to add the dependency.
- In the grid, you can view whether the dependency is to or from, the name of the dependency, which project its in, and its start date.
- Select the trash can icon to delete the dependency.