On every dashboard, there are a number of charts available. By default, the dashboard will have a pre-defined layout of charts. You can customize this dashboard by:
- Settings: In the Portfolio dashboard, you can click the small settings icon in the top right to change the project status types you wish to include in your dashboard.
- Moving the chart. Click and drag the chart into another desired location, using your mouse. Drop it into the new location.
- Change the Data Displayed: In a particular chart, click the cog wheel in the top right to change how you want your data displayed in that chart. Different charts have different options.
Overview Health Chart
The Overview Dashboard Health Chart indicates the health of your projects. It allows you to easily identify those projects which are progressing well and those projects which are in trouble. Note a Grey coloring indicates no data available.
- Green indicates that your projects are ahead of schedule
- Amber indicates that your projects are less than 50% behind schedule
- Red indicates that your project are more than 50% behind schedule.
- Green indicates that your projects are under budget
- Amber indicates that your projects are less than 50% over budget
- Red indicates that your projects are more than 50% over budget.
- Green indicates that none of your tasks are overdue
- Amber indicates that less than 75% of your tasks are overdue
- Red indicates that more than 75% of your tasks are overdue
Overview Tasks Chart
This chart simply shows you the number of tasks across all of your projects that are:
- Not Started: The number of tasks that have not been started yet. These tasks will be marked as 0% complete.
- In Progress: The number of tasks that have been started but are not finished. These tasks will be marked as between 0%-99% complete.
- Complete: The number of tasks that have been complete. These tasks will be marked as 100% complete.
Overview Progress Chart
The Overview Dashboard Progress Chart shows you the actual and planned percent complete of all projects: how much of your projects has been completed to date, vs. how much you expected to be complete by today.
Actual Progress - Bottom Bar
The actual progress bar shows the summarized percent complete of all projects. For instance if half your projects are 0% complete and the other half are 100% complete, then it will show the actual progress as 50% complete.
Planned Progress - Top Bar
The planned progress bar shows the percent complete that your projects should be at today. If you can imagine your Gantt chart with a vertical line through the middle representing today, then the percent that each task should be complete by today, is the "planned percent complete".
Overview Time Chart
The Time chart tells you whether your projects are ahead or behind time.
- If you have a project that was due to be complete by today and it's not, then it's behind.
- If you have a project that was due to be complete in the future and it's already complete, then it's ahead.
- If you have a project that was due to be 50% complete by today and it's 45 % complete, then it's behind. However if it's 55% complete then it's ahead.
- So the system looks at every project and works out the % that was due to be complete by today, vs. the actual % complete and determines if it's ahead or behind.
Overview Cost Chart
The Cost chart tells you whether your projects are above or below budget. It displays the Actual, Planned and Budget Cost as follows:
The actual cost of your project is the summarized:
- Person Cost: To change this, either change the hourly rate for each person on the Team page, or change the Actual Effort for each task on the Project page.
- Task Cost: To change this, visit the Project page and change the task data in the "Actual Cost" column.
The planned cost of your project is the summarized:
- Person Cost: change this, either change the hourly rate for each person on the Team page, or change the Planned Effort for each task.
- Task Cost: To change this, visit the "Project page and change the data in the "Planned Cost" column.
This is the amount that you have entered on the "Budget" field on the Project Settings page.
Overview Workload Chart
This chart shows the workload across all projects based on the total number of tasks and their status. The bars are as follows:
- Completed: Shows the number of tasks that are 100% complete
- Remaining: Shows the number of tasks that are not 100% and not overdue
- Overdue: Shows the number of tasks that have a Planned Finish Date before today and are not 100% complete